Notifications
Clear all

Wade Meyers Artist

Aviation Art
Registered
Topic starter
(@ronnie-collier)

Aviation Art

We would like to take a look at the career and work of American Artist Wade Meyers with his ability to capture anything Aviation and bring his subject to life is certainly a skill which all artist have to work on with experience, but a natural ability has to be found and unlocked within any gifted artist, All Artists have there own style on the canvass and for us collectors who know there stuff can general tell the Artist through colour's and tones with out the aid of a signature, suppose the art is the signature, Wade Meyers can turn his subject into something very special and at times i have had to look closely to realise the work is in actual fact Art and not a photo, the attention to detail is quiet literally breath taking, my favorite subjects which Wade Meyers covers has to be his P51s P47s and P38s, But that's not all' many Artist have there Achilles heel, and i have seen many Artists over the years with great abilities to capture there subject, Aviation, ships, Cars animals humans etc, but sometimes these subjects need to merge and this is were things can go wrong and spoil the masterpiece, Portraits i believe are hard things to get right, drawing a human face /portrait is one thing but getting the image to look exactly like its subject is another, Wade Meyers does just that, if you know your history you want your Art combined with such great icons from Aviation to look the part or your piece is let down, in other words you want to look at Bud Anderson and tell its him with out question, 

i would urge anyone who has yet to come across Wade Meyers to take the time to look at his extraordinary work and skill and visit his website for more details, But if you are already a big fan of his work we would love to see this on our forum , so please upload you collection so we can admire the subject the work and the Artist, 

An Army brat, Wade Meyers spent his early years at Fort Bragg, North Carolina before his family moved to Bossier City, Louisiana when he was ten years old. Fulfilling a dream, Wade soloed a mighty Cessna 150 at age 17 and went on to earn his Private Pilot certificate with Instrument Rating and later his Commercial and Flight Instructor (CFI) pilot certificates. After high school, he earned a B.A. in History in 1987 from Louisiana State University in Shreveport while serving as a reservist with the 47th Tactical Fighter Squadron (USAFR) at Barksdale Air Force Base.

1998 saw a move to the beautiful Birmingham, Alabama area, just about the time he was revisiting a nearly forgotten art passion.  A strong grounding in drawing in college was countered by little experience painting in color.  Determined to at least understand, if not master, painting's subtle quirks and complexity, he studied art books and tried to 'unlayer' the work of others.  The learning curve was steep, and actual ability to apply the acquired knowledge was slow in coming, but progress was being made.  Then, after much soul-searching and a few promising commissions in hand, Wade jumped off the deep end and quit his job at an aviation museum in 2003 and began to work full time as an aviation artist. He started lining up commissions immediately, and to this day his work is 95% commission-driven.

Along with his painting, Wade has penned Perspective Projection by Descriptive Geometry: A Manual for the Artist, a popular guide that explains the secrets behind this versatile technical drawing system that is almost a lost art in the computer age.  The Yielding Sky - Paintings and Drawings by Wade Meyerspublished as a limited edition in 2015, showcases many of his best drawings and paintings to that date.

4 Replies
Aviation Art
Registered
(@pstann955)

Followed him on Social Media for a while now. Some of his work is just incredible!

2 Replies
Aviation Art
Registered
(@ronnie-collier)

@pstann955

absolutely,, particular like his P51s he has these of to a fine art, would like to see more original work for sale over here, need to get in touch with Wade with regards to commissioned work, that would be interesting price wise, 

Aviation Art
Registered
(@pstann955)

@ronnie-collier

Yeah it is a shame that more of his work does not end up over here. 

The pieces he did for Merlin Aviation Art (The Toughest Winter and Ready to Roll) were stunning and reasonably priced. It was amazing watching them as WIP on his social media. If I remember rightly he’s currently in the process of doing something for Vector Fine Art as well.

I could have easily mistaken some of his work for war time, black and white photos they’re that good. Such a talented artist. 

Aviation Art
Registered
Topic starter
(@ronnie-collier)

Share: