Share:
Notifications
Clear all

The Legacy Remarques

Aviation Art
Registered
Topic starter
(@merlin)

Well it looks like Richard Taylor is going to be kept very busy in the months and years to come with what looks to become a very popular and interesting Remarque series, The Legacy Remarque series has added a very clever spin on what is possibly the largest portfolio of Aviation Prints created by any world renown Artist, By taking these prints of which many in there own right are classic prints which demand large sums of money when they appear on the secondary market have now the revised ability to create opportunities for collectors to have a second chance of owing Robert Taylor Classic's which can now be revitalized with the additional injection of Richard Taylor's fine pencil work, with what looks to be Roberts way of handing over the baton to his son what better way to do so than on decades of work, 

Its going to be an interesting talking piece within us Aviation Art collectors and as always opinions will vary on artist collaborating,, some might say its not there' thing and those that agree its the pinnacle of both worlds with Roberts classic style which has stood the test of time combined with Richards extraordinary ability to capture aviation in pencil will certainly have us thinking, I,am certainly looking forward to seeing what releases are due to hit the scene but assume the possibilities are endless subject to finding mint example secondary market prints to carry out this series , i have added a photo collected from a visit to Aces high back when traveling was normal and this certainly captured my eye back then, 

So if anyone would like to share there views on this series or indeed have started the ball rolling by purchasing such a piece i would like to see and hear fellow collectors opinions and a possible list of what they would like to see released , for me i would start with     The Impossible Mission . 🤔 

Richard Taylor (2)
8 Replies
mike_rodwell
Registered
(@mike_rodwell)

Hi @merlin,

I have recently seen these from Aces High and pretty surprised it has taken them that long to combine artists, some of the artwork that has come out is fantastic — except the price tag is rather eye watering. Having spoken to a few fellow collectors, it’s rather exciting to see father and son working together.

Richards pencil work is second to none and having that on some of Robert’s most popular prints can seriously change the market for good.

I think I would like to see a dambusters addition.

C155FFE8 C5CA 44BE 9A55 361C8991D330
9FFBA77B 82E9 4A57 9E49 B9AD4E7696A9

1 Reply
Aviation Art
Registered
(@ronnie-collier)

@mike_rodwell

They look superb pieces and the full Remarque's if affordable would be amazing, both pieces you have attached are stunning, this is potentially the best series to date for Robert and Richard collectors, what's next ??

Aviation Art
Registered
(@pstann955)

They are incredible. I’ve recently put my Millennium Proof, Fight for the Sky in for one. 

It’ll be a while before I see it with the amount of uptake they’ve had, but at least I’ve got one in the system 😬. 

4 Replies
Aviation Art
Registered
(@ronnie-collier)

@pstann955

Hi there, that's sounds interesting with your Millennium Proof, and would love to see the finished piece when you receive this back from Aces High, That also begs the question of what prints are likely to be done and whether its and open book as i assume aside from there own series, collectors could have anything done, can i ask what size Remarque you are having done and do you know how long it will be,, would love to see some photos when its complete, 👍 

Aviation Art
Registered
(@pstann955)

@ronnie-collier if I understand it correctly it’s any print series that has a remarque option, with remarque numbers still available; these are considered Legacy Remarques if you have Richard do it.

Mine will just be a Richard Remarque on a Robert print as the FFTS Remarques are long gone. I haven’t been given a timeline on it. Just know it’s in the queue 😂 

I’m sure we’ll start seeing some amazing pieces coming out from it all though. 

Aviation Art
Registered
(@ronnie-collier)

@pstann955 it is going to be a very promising time for Aces High and Richard if they can find the market with collectors, know doubt there are many serious collectors still waiting to add to there collections and with these re-release/Remarque's of Roberts we can also still have the bonus of the original signatures still being present, which is lacking more on new releases, 

I assume the military galley probably had extra print runs to replace damaged prints or mistakes with Remarque's back in the day so maybe some of these prints are from an archive, and for presentation prints, if this isn't the case then it would mean that the legacy Remarque's are being produced on secondary market prints, or unsold first release, as the Remarque's available on some editions are more than the original Remarque run's,

either way very excited as a collector, and looking at what is produced going forward, just a few i would like to see, if anyone is interested 

• Abbeville Boys 
  • Bader's Bus company 
  • Broken silence
  • Closing the Gap 
  • The Impossible Mission 
  • Eagle Attack - Summer Victory - Hurricane force set 🤔 
  • Mustangs on the Prowl
  • Operation Chastise 
  • The Doolittle Raiders 
  • The Homecoming 

Just a small list,, and clearly not enough wall space,

Aviation Art
Registered
(@pstann955)

@ronnie-collier some great names on that list. 

As you know, The Doolittle Raiders is definitely one I’m pursuing. 

Just need to identify what I can sell, PX and save a lot of pennies to get me near to the cost of the remarques 😂

Best regards

Phil

Aviation Art
Registered
(@ronnie-collier)

Richard Taylor and Robert Taylor legacy prints 

As we see yet another superb release by Aces High with regards to the Richard Taylor legacy series looking at the popular print that is Aces on the Western Front released back in 1993 and signed by the following pilots 

• Generalleutnant HANNES TRAUTLOFT
  • Oberst HERBERT IHLEFELD KC WITH OAK LEAVES AND SWORDS
  • Generalmajor DIETRICH HRABAK KC WITH OAK LEAVES
  • Generalleutnant ADOLF GALLAND KC WITH OAK LEAVES SWORDS AND DIAMONDS

It has become a classic Robert Taylor image depicting the 109, 

The ancient Norman monastery on Mont St. Michel provides the majestic backdrop as a group of Me109s race across the coast returning to their forward base in northern France after a fighter sweep across the English Channel in early 1941.

During the spring of 1941 almost all of the great Luftwaffe fighter leaders duelled across the English Channel on a daily basis with RAF Fighter Command. But the Abbey of Mont St Michel has seen it all before: built by the Normans on a solid rock of granite rising 250 feet out of the sea, this ancient monastery has witnessed conflict over almost a thousand years.

We are delighted to show you a few pictures from are archives that have been sent in to us and delighted to upload these images for all to view,

leg5 (2)

DEFENCE OF THE REALM 

leg3 (2)

D-Day  THE AIRBORNE ASSAULT 

leg2

THE DAMBUSTERS 

leg1 (2)

MIDWINTER DAWN

leg4 (2)

ACES ON THE WESTERN FRONT 

Share: