Notifications
Clear all

Nicolas Trudgian Prints

mike_rodwell
Registered
Topic starter
(@mike_rodwell)

Hi All,

I've recently commissioned a double Remarque of Summer Storm by Nicolas Trudgian due to arrive in early August, wondering whether any other owners out there had some Remarque of their own to share?

I've gone for a flying battle scene with Adolf Galland's ME109 over Isle of Sheppery with all the attractive tidal creek.

Cheers,
Mike.

Topic Tags
19 Replies
Aviation Art
Registered
(@merlin)

Hi Mike 

Summer storm is a nice print and very vibrant in colours !

Defiantly a Nicholas Trudgen style of drawing which is crisp and defined’

looking forward to seeing this Remarque and will share another Remarque of the 109 drawn by Robert Taylor!

E2CC47F7 FF4F 431B B2A0 F4792176A523
mike_rodwell
Registered
Topic starter
(@mike_rodwell)

Hi @merlin

Finally had the completed double Remarque for Summer Storm from Nicholas Trudgian. Very happy with it...

357FC355 0297 4C33 A94A 71F7458A1939
2 Replies
Aviation Art
Registered
(@merlin)

@mike_rodwell

What a great angle of the agile little fighter , Galland the main subject no less a fine Remarque.

Do you have any other NT work would like to see more especially framed pieces as this does enhance the prints if right,

looking for some ideas.

Flying High Aviation
(@flying-high-aviation-admin)

@mike_rodwell - Great shot of Gallands 109! 

Thanks for using the platform.

Regards,
Flying High Aviation Team.

mike_rodwell
Registered
Topic starter
(@mike_rodwell)

B93FE2A4 2B9D 4224 8143 B2FA9A87216B
A31CEB21 670A 4205 BDFE BE70EBA892FD
89883A25 D887 4CE8 A982 8E00A5401E49
4B80A2BE 20B1 434B 8729 0E916412EFEF

Hi forum,

A friend has sent these over, what are your thoughts? A pretty rare piece from Nicolas Trudgian.

1 Reply
Aviation Art
Registered
(@ronnie-collier)

@mike_rodwell

Nicolas Trudgian Remarque's are very crisp and detailed, if you managed to get hold of his larger pencil prints they do take some beating, i have attached one which you might find interesting, 

Regards 

Ronnie

NT 1

Aviation Art
Registered
(@pstann955)

Hi All. 

Some great remarques. 

I had my ‘The Guardian’ and ‘Spitfire Country’ double remarqued some years ago now. Hope you like them. 

6DF2D2EF F6C6 41CC A1AD 9876A7F010E3
94FB802C 2F17 451C A8D4 F759E32DA49B
38A93527 2D06 4F08 BCC0 C9705F54B16C
03EA8A7E 278E 43A6 802E 306372B2E7FB
C6FED056 8703 4634 8A74 CF6498A98DAE
11 Replies
Aviation Art
Registered
(@ronnie-collier)

@pstann955G

Hi there thank you for sharing these fantastic images of your prints,, i have always liked The Guardian Print and its certainly been a popular print / subject over the years, great to see a Remarque version and a nice piece at that, along with Spitfire Country, Do you only collect NT or do you have other Artist in your collection, 

Was also interested in your prints from the angle off,, did you have these commissioned or was you lucky to find them up for sale, framing also looks good, 

Would like to see more if you have them and thank you for joining the forum , 

kind regards 

Ronnie 

Aviation Art
Registered
(@pstann955)

@ronnie-collier

Glad you like them. I commissioned both prints to be remarqued. It was great getting to chat to NT about ideas and watching them come together. 

The relics in Spitfire Country I found on the internet and Aces High did all my framing. 

I do collect other artists. Across my collection I’ve got Robert & Richard Taylor’s. Anthony Saunders and recently found a Gil Cohen - Rosie’s Crew (always wanted one).

Most are framed. Unfortunately I’ve ran out of wall space 😂

Best regards

Phil

mike_rodwell
Registered
(@mike_rodwell)

AD234955 1EA0 4AB6 9E58 03799545ECB7
B49378ED 2D74 40FB A948 2A95A346CD59

@pstann955

Nice pieces, these were recently reframed — interestingly they were done some time apart but give a good perspective of the battle from each side. 

Aviation Art
Registered
(@pstann955)

@mike_rodwell

They look great! 

Aviation Art
Registered
(@ronnie-collier)

@pstann955

hi Phil

how did you find working with NT on your commissioned Remarque's , i believe he very good at giving you draft copies of how the images will work which is a good way of seeing a potential image upfront before committing.

Wall space is always a problem and i can sympathise with that, albeit i have pigeon holed myself over the years to just Robert Taylor , although the subjects vary, but i do favor Battle of Britain and anything Dambuster's related, so if you have anything related would love to see, have been looking for a good sized Remarque of The Impossible Mission , still Looking if you come across any,

Regards 

Ronnie  

Aviation Art
Registered
(@pstann955)

@ronnie-collier

NT was brilliant. I gave him my rough ideas. He created photoshopped pictures for me to gauge how things would look and I got regular updates of the remarque coming together. Would definitely recommend if you ever step back outside of RT. 

I’m pretty much the same on genres. Majority are RAF, BoB or Dambusters. I haven’t seen any remarqued Impossible Missions. I do currently have a limited edition and the original RT The Dambusters though. 

6C3A5BED B091 4CA8 B6C7 1C79C9B1F6D0
D55D553A AE08 4918 B679 E824419E9952

Aviation Art
Registered
(@pstann955)

Wrong choice of words. Not the original RT The Dambusters but a print of RT’s first Dambuster release. Signed by Bombers Harris and Mick Martin. 

Aviation Art
Registered
(@ronnie-collier)

@pstann955

Hi Phil 

The Dambuster,s will always attract attention with aviation fans, I see you have the first edition released by RT which was signed by Mick Martin, was yours signed by RT as i believe the original run wasn't but some were added after, have you seen the multi signed on the website as most signatories were added only a few years after the print release and so has some very rear signatures, 

The impossible mission is one of my favorites Dambuster's prints out of all the print released, having owned my first which was a presentation copy, then selling that to buy a double Remarque , but i was never that keen on the drawing as i have always preferred ground scene drawings as they can look busy, So i sold this one on and bought the latest Barnes Wallis icons of flight by Robert Taylor , interestingly what are your views on these, Any way i have also gone on to find another Impossible Mission print in the hopes of having it sent to RT, but i think this possibility may be dwindling ,, 

lastly have you seen the Guy Gibson piece on Instagram with original portrait by Richard Taylor with photo and signature, i posted this a few weeks ago , along with an operation chastise, always keen to find other collectors views on art as the market isn't as active as it once was, 

Regards 

Ronnie  

Aviation Art
Registered
(@pstann955)

@ronnie-collier

Hi Ronnie. 

I bought my first edition from another collector on eBay. At the time it was signed by Mick Martin and Bomber Harris but not RT. I’ve since had RT’s signature added though. 

Impossible Mission is an impressive print. I was late to the collecting game so many of the prints I would love to own are secondary market and increasing in value. I’ve just been fortunate enough to stumble across some bargains (mainly on eBay) like the first edition Dambusters and LE Impossible Mission. Unfortunately coming late also means the opportunity for a RT commissioned remarque is dwindling as you say. So the remarques I do own are by NT and Anthony Saunders. He does some great work as well.

I have mixed feelings about the Icons of Flight series. Some I think are outstanding, Barnes Wallis being one so I’d love to see yours. Some of them I’m not too sure on. 

I haven’t, so will have to find the Instagram page. It’s a shame that Covid has seen gallery events and airshows cancelled. It’s always great talking to other collectors. Hopefully it won’t too be before we return to some normality. 

Best regards 

Phil

Aviation Art
Registered
(@ronnie-collier)

@pstann955

Hi Phil

really good to talk with fellow collectors, and its nice to see the forum slowly getting used as it was intended, over my 20 years or so of collecting i never run dry of adding more prints to my wish list, suppose that's what us collectors do, although over the years have been fortunate enough to slowly stick with Remarque's , 

over the period of collecting i have built a wide network of contacts all over the place from Canada, America, Ireland and so on which has keep the interest vibrant with PX and so on,

its nice to see new collectors coming on board for many reasons as it keep the interest alive and those of us that appreciate what the art represents and the signatures they hold, Although seeing the veterans slowly pass over the years has had a big impact with collectors, it was part of the collecting bug, 

it looks like you have joined us on Instagram as well thank you, 

if i can help in any way with your wish list we can track down many rare prints with our network of contacts so please bare us in mind if we can assist with this, also payments can be spread on layaway deals if this helps and we also can sell prints on behalf of clients for a small commission , 

if you ever think of selling The Guardian please let me know as this was one NT that i would buy, 

All the best 

Kind Regards 

Ronnie 

Aviation Art
Registered
(@pstann955)

@ronnie-collier

Really appreciate that Ronnie, thank you.

I do very much enjoy looking around my prints and thinking of those who have signed them. The first RT I bought was a first edition Spitfire because I really wanted Bader’s signature. The collection pretty much blew up from there haha.

I’ll be sure to let you know if I ever look to part ways with The Guardian. 

Best regards

Phil

Aviation Art
Registered
(@merlin)

Their Finest Hour by Nicolas Trudgian.

Situated on the south eastern tip of Kent, RAF Hawkinge was the most forward airfield in Fighter Command. It was not surprising therefore that when Reichmarshal Goering began his fierce attacks on airfields - part of his softening up campaign in preparation for Hitlers Adler Tag (Eagle Day) - Hawkinge would be among the first in his sights. The Luftwaffe were putting up massive raids - over 1700 aircraft crossed the coast on August 16th - and RAF bases in the south-east were taking a pounding. Hawkinge, a satellite of Biggin Hill sector station, and vital to front line defences, lay right in the path of the raiding Luftwaffe hordes. When on August 12th it was bombed for the first time, its effect was only to harden the resolve of its pilots and groundstaff. MkI Spitfires of No.610 County of Chester Squadron are seen scrambling out of RAF Hawkinge in late August 1940. refuelled and re-armed, with scarlet patches covering the gunports, all serviceable aircraft roar off the grass strip and head back to the fray. With aerial battles raging all the way from 2000 to 20,000 feet, within minutes they will be back in the action. Ground crews in the foreground work frantically to get more Spitfires airworthy. In the background Hurricanes from No.32 Squadron are at readiness, and will be called into action as the primitive radar picks up the next incoming raid.

This stunning Remarque by Nicolas Trudgian accompanied with his outstanding print called Their Finest Hour is truly unique and has to be one of the finest examples of the print ever released, i have shared this photo in the hope that others might be willing to share there pictures of similar examples

NT2

Share: