Aviation Art
Registered
Topic starter
(@merlin)

57AF69D2 FA2F 46E1 821A 8919E8BC537C
BB74522B FD29 4553 AC1A 5019C4DA1D2F

JOHN SHAW 

Remarque 

John Shaw, a native of Nevada, USA, was born in 1961 and began his career in art and graphics in the early '80s. Beginning as an illustrator, Shaw created commercial artwork for a wide variety of clients, such as Lucasfilms Ltd, Major League Baseball, and several major entertainment software companies.
In 1993 his work took a major turn when he began creating paintings with an historical aviation theme, with special attention paid to the World War II era. His award-winning depictions of these aircraft, people and the missions in which they participated have proven extremely popular, particularly throughout the U.S, and have illustrated numerous publications. He has been exhibited extensively throughout the US and the rest of the world and his limited edition prints have enjoyed a huge amount of success, with many of his editions completely sold out and trading for considerable sums on the secondary market.

i have seen lately some amazing Remarques by the Artist John Shaw’

what has captured my interest over other artists is his ability to capture a great likeness for his subject! 

Portraits of course! This I believe is the hardest subject to crack many artist can draw machines landscape and people “

but to achieve the exact likeness is hard and that’s key to any portrait’ I have seen many top Aviation artist draw portraits for Remarques as commissioned pieces and sometimes I believe it has the reverse effect on the print and in some ways can let it down ‘

But I have attached a few photos of what I think is a cracking pair of pencil portraits showing the subject to an incredible likeness! 

Any  thoughts !

Topic Tags
5 Replies
Aviation Art
Registered
Topic starter
(@merlin)

Bud Anderson and his P51 taxiing out in his renowned Mustang Old Crow ‘

this great pencil drawing by John Shaw is certainly a fantastic Remarque.

12B6E583 D163 4C67 BE58 033D95A0E8E3

Aviation Art
Registered
(@mustanglimey)

Of all my prints I have only have 1 Shaw print.

The Warrior and the Wolfpack.
Rall, Rankin and Gabreski 

Have the matching Gunther Rall Signed book, and 3 pencil prints, although only 2 are signed.

My favourite fighter Groups are the 4th and 56th so had to have this one.

1 Reply
Aviation Art
Registered
(@mustanglimey)

Aviation Art
Registered
(@ronnie-collier)

Hi

i was tempted myself with this print a few years back and it was the first John Shaw print i had really looked at, although it was a large Remarque edition so was a little expensive but a good looking print, 

have attached a photo out of interest for John Shaw , 

john shaw2
Aviation Art
Registered
(@ronnie-collier)

Just a few John Shaw Remarque's to get the juices flowing, feed back and more photos welcome, enjoy,

JS7

Share: