Registered
Topic starter
(@merlin)

573D7599 037C 4F50 B35F 3EBF89F4E3C3
6BE5C568 5D06 44BA 9AF0 D3F0A2F58553

HOME RUN 

By 

Robert Taylor 

when the P-51 Mustangs first appeared over Berlin, Reichsmarschall Herman Goering announced that he knew then that the war was lost,

The ultimate issue in Robert Taylor’s 1990 limited Edition series.

commemorating the 50th Anniversary of the first flight of the classic North American  P-51 Mustang,

each print individually signed by leading WW11 Aces 

Don Blakeslee

Jim Goodson 

Robin Olds and 

Kit Carson 

this print also has an additional signature of 

Squadron Leader Jurek Mencil DFC/KM/AFM 

He downed an ME262 in a RAF Mustang 111,

This particular print was part of Robert Taylor’s personal collection having Jurek Mencil sign it for him ,

This is also a Artist special Remarque of only 3 produce having the yellow boarder tinted white and the extra large pencil drawing runs up within this is very unusual’

i have owned this for some time now and haven’t ever come across this style before and would like to see if this has been done before! 

The print has never been framed and I would possibly consider selling this at the right price,

if any one has any views or interest please get it contact with me strictly through Flying High Aviation only ;

details can be found on our main webpage.

Aviation Art
Registered
Topic starter
(@merlin)

EC0C6633 ECEE 47B5 A641 4D183B840FFD

HEIGHT OF THE BATTLE 

By 

Robert Taylor 

By mid-afternoon on Wednesday 11th September, 1940 German bomber formations were plotted flying up the Thames Estuary towards London. To deal with the imminent raid Fighter Command scrambled nine squadrons to make the intercept. As the Luftwaffe bombers approached the docklands east of London, sixty Spitfires and Hurricanes fell upon them and a pitched battle ensued. Leading No. 74 'Tiger' Squadron, 'Sailor' Malan, ignored the fighter cover and tackled the bombers, the Spitfires ripping into the Heinkel IIIs in an effective beam attack. Having made one diving attack and zoomed back above the raiding Heinkel IIIs, the fighters peel off for a second attack, Malan already winging over with Stephen on his heels. Below Hurricane Mark Is of 17 and 56 Squadrons have joined the turbulent fray.

Released in 1996 this edition pays tribute to the Spitfires and Hurricanes that served their pilots so well during the Battle of Britain.

This had always been a favourite depiction of the Spitfire rolling into battle and it is very similar to that of eagle attack by Robert Taylor just in reverse and from the opposition! 

I have owned a few of these prints over the years and decided to have a Remarque commissioned by Robert Taylor , I decided to go with K5054 as this is ultimately were it all started , the birth of the spitfire and the rest is history!!

Although I have since sold this print I was please with the Remarque and when trying to look around couldn’t find any other drawings of the prototype done by Robert Taylor as a Remarque;

i was curious to know if this was a first or if it has been covered before!!  Any photos I would love to see , 

Aviation Art
Registered
Topic starter
(@merlin)

D4E5C75E F6A2 4C7D ACDD 20B9FF0E224B

STEINHOFF

By 

Robert Taylor 

August 1940: The White Cliffs of Dover again witness desperate aerial conflict as Johannes ‘Macky’ Steinhoff and Messerschmitt Bf109s of JG-52 frantically dogfight with Hurricanes of 32 Squadron. Below, Heinkel 111 bombers retreat having attacked RAF airfields and radar stations along the south coast.

Robert’s famous piece portrays an all-too-familiar scene at the height of the Battle of Britain during the summer of 1940.  Steinhoff’s Bf109 dominates the picture providing a magnificent study of this powerful fighter as he and the pilots of JG-52 do their best to protect the Heinkels below.

a good friend of mine has this in his personal collection and I wanted to comment on the Remarque,

Once Again Robert Taylor proves why he is still No1 

Aviation Art
Registered
Topic starter
(@merlin)
57F5B66B A74C 4DF2 8616 7FD45A7E7DD5
9CAF1381 DBD0 4BC6 B7B1 46AF54F7EE44

HOME AT DUST 

By 

Robert Taylor 

It’s winter 1944 and the snow has brought a special quiet to the countryside in the late evening twilight. The war seems a world away until the ear-shattering roar of Merlin engines re-focusses the mind on the realities of war-torn Europe. As dusk gathers and just feet above the gently waving reeds, P-51 Mustangs rush for home bearing the scars of the day’s battle; soon the tensions of aerial combat will be forgotten for a few hours, melting into an evening of camaraderie. Tomorrow will be another day.

Robert Taylor’s classic Masterwork depicts this life of extremes lived to the full by a special breed of men who flew this iconic fighter as the Allies pushed for victory in Europe during WWII. Tough, supremely confident, cavalier, determined, and gloriously brave; it was an era that belonged to them and an era that is more appreciated by the spell-binding artistry of the world’s leading military and aviation artist.

The Signatures
Each print has been personally signed by the artist along with six famous P-51 Mustang Aces:

Colonel CLARENCE E 'BUD' ANDERSON
Captain JAMES L. BROOKS
Lieutenant Colonel BOB GOEBEL
Colonel HERSCHEL 'HERKY' GREEN DSC, DFC
Colonel WALKER 'BUD' MAHURIN
Colonel JAMES GOODSON

This iconic print really does give you that winter feeling and along with a fantastic print this has the added bonus of a triple Remarque, straight out of my personal collection I have toyed over the years to frame this stunning piece and enjoy.

i would consider selling if any one is of interest but it is strictly through Flying High Aviation only and all contact details can be found via our webpage,

Aviation Art
Registered
Topic starter
(@merlin)

RUSSIAN ROULETTE    

By 

Robert Taylor 

A Soviet Yak 3 hurtles towards us in a typically daring head-on attack on a Bf109. Other Yaks wheel and turn frantically in search of the enemy. Casualties on both sides are evident. Away into the distant horizon stretches a vast Russian sky, painted in Robert’s inimitable style: soon all will be quiet again until the next ferocious encounter.

The Limited Edition

Each print is individually signed by SIX fighter Aces of the Russian Front having flown between them over 3316 missions, achieving 547 air victories. Joining two top Russian Aces, both heroes of the Soviet Union, and two leading Luftwaffe Aces, are two highly decorated fighter Aces from the legendary Free French Normandie-Niemen Squadron.

• General JOSEPH RISSO
  • Generalleutnant GÜNTHER RALL KC WITH OAK LEAVES AND SWORDS
  • General JOHANNES 'MACKY' STEINHOFF KC WITH OAK LEAVES AND SWORDS
  • Lieutenant General ARSENY VASILYEVITCH VOROZHEIKIN
  • Major General KONSTANTIN MIKHAILOVITCH TRESHYOV
  • Lieutenant JACQUES DE SAINT PHALLE

The Publisher Proofs

Issued with the companion pencil print, SQUADRON NORMANDIE NIEMEN SCRAMBLE, and additionally signed by: 

* Vladimir Bassov
* Marcel Hannaux
* Alexandre Kapralov
* Dimtri Kousmine
* Gratten Maire
* George Masurel
* Nicolas

074144FD 7A4E 4C76 ACD4 2D98C28DCE27
D60816C5 A316 42DF ABF7 48B2811E6E7D

This print is certainly overlooked in my opinion sometimes,as it comes with a tremendous array of Russian signatures and having seen this single edition Remarque the other day has certainly got me thinking of acquiring the print for my own collection! 

Does anyone else have a Remarque Edition as I haven’t been able to find other examples available 

Aviation Art
Registered
Topic starter
(@merlin)

AB343453 FDC9 4102 BC48 6CB93E24544A
04CCEFD2 1617 4EEC 9B4F DCE18EAFB5F0

ACE OF ACES 

By 

Robert Taylor 

Eric Hartmann became the world's top-scoring fighter pilot, achieving 352 aerial victories during World War II, a feat that is never likely to be surpassed. Flying the legendary Messerschmitt Me109, Hartmann was invincible in the air, achieving his phenomenal success during no fewer than 1400 combat missions.

His tactics were simple: "Get in so close to your opponent that you cannot miss." This required supreme courage and flying skill but was not without its hazards: of the 16 times he was brought down, 8 of these were caused by flying debris from the aircraft he had just destroyed.

Robert Taylor's beautiful painting depicts Erich Hartmann, Ace of Aces, leading a swarm of Me109Gs as they half-roll into attack, high over the Russian front. This print has gone on to become one of the most highly desired in the world, and is sold at tremendous value in the rare occasion it appears on the secondary market!

Having owned this great example of the print which is only 1/3 special Artist Remarques it has a large example of the 109 Germany’s greatest ever fighter !

i have tried to attach a good photo but the glare from the glass was awkward from all angles so I settled for this one,

does anyone have photos of the other 2 examples as I’am interested to see what the other drawings represented.

Aviation Art
Registered
Topic starter
(@merlin)

STORMBIRDS OVER THE REICH

By 

Robert Taylor 

Adolf Galland and a group of his JV-44 Wing Me262s as they make a high-speed rocket assault on a formation of B-26 Marauders.  Diving from a 6000 ft. height advantage to 1500 ft. below and behind the bomber formation, the 262s made a fast approach, climbing to the level of the bombers before loosing off their 24 R4M rockets in one salvo at 600 yards; a long burst of cannon fire followed at 150 yards, and a quick climbing exit from the scene.

Galland's Me262 is captured by Robert Taylor at the moment of release of his rocket salvo, the burst of flame and smoke visible under each wing as the deadly missiles are launched.  Above, a second 262 pilot launches his rockets while a third lines up his sights on the B-26s ahead.  Below two more swoopinto the attack, one closing on the straggling Marauders on the left of the picture.

In his inimitable style, Robert Taylor sets the scene at 20,000 feet over Southern Germany on a late afternoon in April 1945, the drama unfolding over a typical cloudscape which has become the hallmark of the world's most collected aviation artist.

This has to be my all time favourite depiction of the ME262s by Robert Taylor the sky and clouds at high altitude are just faultless and really does draw you in and personal that is what art is all about! 

As the viewer/ audience if you can become part of the image or be drawn into the picture the Artist has done his job ; 

combined with this story board Remarque this unique piece was definitely a missed opportunity “

please feel free to add your comments or send further more photos of similar pieces.

668A9896 138C 461D A366 FE59D7AC4E57

Aviation Art
Registered
Topic starter
(@merlin)

CONCORD

By 

Robert Taylor 

When the call sign ‘Speedbird’ went out, every pilot in the world knew what aircraft they were talking about – Concorde. Probably the most beautiful commercial aircraft ever built, Concorde was the only supersonic airliner ever to enter service. Way ahead of its time, this much loved aircraft could fly from London to New York in a mere 200 minutes!

Robert Taylor painted Concorde at the request of Group Captain Brian Trubshaw, Concorde’s chief test pilot, who together with his colleague and Concorde Captain Brian Walpole who not only commanded the first supersonic commercial flight from London to New York but also barrel-rolled the Concorde during testing, signed these now hard-to-come by tribute prints

i was looking back through the archives and came across this print by Robert Taylor although the greatest and most famous of civilian aircraft it doesn’t get much attention by some of the well known aviation artists and it has as much history glory and British pride as anyone can muster up so thought it should have some more attention,

this print was signed by the below and if anyone has got some nice framed examples we would love to see’

2AFA6C73 26C7 4874 B9D1 A034C6D4C34A

• Captain BRIAN TRUBSHAW OBE, CBE
  • Captain BRIAN WALPOLE OBE
Aviation Art
Registered
Topic starter
(@merlin)

THE DAMBUSTERS    

By Robert Taylor 

On 16th May 1943, the crews of 617 Sqn were about to embark on an audacious low-level assault against the great dams of Germany. Codenamed Operation Chastise, the task required exceptional flying skills and a specially designed ‘bouncing bomb’, but if the dams could be destroyed it would deal a massive blow to the Nazi war machine.​

The first and original Dambuster release from Robert, in which Mick Martin is depicted releasing his bouncing bomb and heading through the defensive curtain of gunfire provided by the German forces. Guy Gibson's aircraft is flying directly in front of Martin's in an effort to distract the flak, in spite of this Martin collected a shell right through a starboard wing tank, but his bomb scored another direct hit. Gibson and Martin then flew in with each of the two successive attacks either distracting the defences or attempting to suppress them with fire from their own air gunners. The cumulative effect of the fourth direct hit breached the Dam and 150,000,000 gallons flooded the Ruhr valley washing away factories, railway bridges, electric pylons, but above all greatly reducing water supplies so necessary to the armament industrial processes.

The Dambusters is renowned for an ingenious design and courage and determination to become the historical story it now comes to represent,

This first release is really hard to find today as it is now well over 30 years old and many have falling foul of the passages of time, more so because the unfortunate knowledge and ability to preserve for the future with conservation framing.

2979D3F9 7291 4B51 9B58 063F3FA0487A

Aviation Art
Registered
Topic starter
(@merlin)

9A9CB5DB A754 48EC AC32 5388593D4E51

EAGLE ATTACK     

By 

Robert Taylor 

ADLERTAG’ (EAGLE DAY) - that was Hitler’s code name for the start of the Luftwaffe’s great and decisive aerial offensive that was intended to bring the RAF to its knees, clear the skies of Spitfires and Hurricanes above the South Coast of England and prepare the way for the 250,000 German troops standing in readiness to cross the Channel.

Like fighter pilots of any airforce the Me109 Geschwaders of the Luftwaffe were made up almost entirely of young men who simply wanted to fly. Primed and ready these combat-experienced pilots were eager for battle. The disadvantage of fighting at the extremity of their range - often allowing them no more than 10 minutes of actual combat - was balanced by well tried battle tactics, great leadership and undisputed courage. Aldertag saw twelve hours of almost continuous battle, and the uniquely talented aviation artist Robert Taylor takes up the story on this momentous 13th August 1940 when the Luftwaffe staged their most concentrated attacks. A swarm of Me109’s peel off to attack a bunch of Spitfires which have dived out of the sun upon a large formation of HE 111 bombers. Already the lead pair of Me109s are bringing their guns to bear and moments later the two pilots in the foreground will flick-roll their fighters and follow into attack.

This has to be my favourite painting of the Me 109 by any Artist but of course it is done by Robert Taylor who once again brings the tension, drama and the prowess of a fighter pilot to the eyes of any owner of this fantastic piece of art “

you could almost be there waiting for number 4 to peel away before it’s your turn to follow on ! 

I have been lucky to own a mint presentation copy and would really like to find a fine Remarque! 

This does however bring me to mention the multi signed print that is currently for sale with Flying High Aviation which currently has I believe 26 signatures which is historically unique on such a piece,

if any has more photos of such a print and would like to share with us please join our growing community.

Page 2 / 4
Share: