Clear all

Robert Taylor Prints

Page 1 / 4

Aviation Art
Registered
Topic starter
(@merlin)

Dawn operation 

Came across this unusual Remarque on Dawn Operation and its a very nice print by Robert Taylor;

wouldn’t mind trying to find a mint example with Japanese signatures;

really different within any collection! 

Any thoughts

guys 

1595449971 1D589672 EDA1 4527 A712 3A019FF1596B
Topic Tags
36 Replies
Aviation Art
Registered
Topic starter
(@merlin)

Hi Guys 

your views please ; 

After owning this Double Remarque of Roberts iconic Dambuster image I decided to let it go in exchange for his latest release Barns Wallis,

i have since found a mint copy again which I would like to have Remarqued if it’s still possible from the Military Gallery’

My original print shows an image of Guy Gibson on route and in Flight and looks very similar to Peenumunde ,

it wasn’t necessarily my ideal Remarque on the print as I personally prefer ground scenes so on the off chance if anyone knows any that are due to come up for sale please could you let me know ,

thanks Ronnie 

C1F9E44B FD6C 4B94 B3B1 D203B8648338
Aviation Art
Registered
Topic starter
(@merlin)

Have just acquired this presentation copy of Operation Chastise and although very pleased with it I will probably change the top mount colour and frame”

It has a pencil drawing portrait of Barnes Wallis drawn by Richard Taylor and a certificated piece of Bouncing bomb which is very nice to have included along with scanned signatures which I have the originals safely hidden away to preserve! 

Would like some feedback on this print in general as I think it is one of Robert Taylor’s classic subjects .

4E3AEBDD 5B87 4ADE 8191 A863C33F62CB
Aviation Art
Registered
Topic starter
(@merlin)

Hi fellow collectors I have been lucky enough to acquire this embellished work by Robert Taylor which is part of his icons of flight collection”

having had it framed with additional signatures I’am very pleased with it and are generally looking forward to the next one having already purchased Douglas Bader which is in motion “

just wondering on anyone else’s photos as they do seem to be a popular edition selling out within days ! 

Missed out on the first edition the Red Barron; possibly problem arising I can see )

1. will be an addiction of wishing to purchase everyone as a set “

would like to see more photos if anyone has any!

2E094EBB 5BC0 41B6 9177 87BDA32E449E
Aviation Art
Registered
Topic starter
(@merlin)

Robert Taylor is a name which is renowned within the aviation art world of collectors! 

I myself have been collecting for many years and although my taste have changed over the years and prints have come and gone; a few remain popular as ever as classic Robert Taylor’s ‘ 

To name a few on a personal note

Abbeville Boys 

Broken Silence 

Cloud companions 

The impossible Mission 

Home at Dust 

combat over London 

If any one would like to share their views on my list or create there own 

i would really be interested to see how these prints rate 

121AEDDC B2D2 4D33 9E4E 4D49B7867EAE
Flying High Aviation
(@flying-high-aviation-admin)

944C9781 05BB 4E8B 8834 FD37C81D262A
64496A38 27F8 44E0 8763 601C99602A42

Hi @merlin,

We can see you are a great fan of Robert Taylor’s artwork.

What do you think of these pieces?

1 Reply
Aviation Art
Registered
(@merlin)

@flying-high-aviation-admin

what a great set of Remarques ) 

if i am not mistaken these prints are Home Run And Home at Dust by Robert Taylor I see that Home Run is only 1/3 so a rare piece indeed! 

Can you tell me if these prints are available from flying High Aviation to buy ! Would like an opportunity to purchase one of these or both if possible!

Do you have any more Remarques for sale ! 

Thanks,

Aviation Art
Registered
Topic starter
(@merlin)

Return to Duxford by Robert Taylor “

as P51s Return low over Thaxted and heading for Duxford low on Fuel after another gruelling Mission this iconic  print is still a favourite of mine; 

would be nice to see other Remarque examples if anyone has one , I now have this one framed and hanging nicely in my office to be enjoyed daily.

30D4008C DD68 4B17 812B 4E5F65EB7499

Aviation Art
Registered
Topic starter
(@merlin)

VICTORY FLYOVER 

By

Robert Taylor 

The massed Flyover heralds the surrender aboard the USS Missouri, 

Tokyo Bay 1945 

Remarque 6/25 this is part of my personal collection and although this print is seldom seen for sale on the secondary market I was lucky to acquire this edition which hangs along side return to Duxford!

would like to see more if any one else has another great example.

A51350F1 CF19 4FCC AFD3 94871910E8DD

1 Reply
Aviation Art
Registered
(@ronnie-collier)

@merlin

A great looking Remarque of a Corsair and a good size, A fellow collector a know has this in his collection. Victory Flyover is hardly ever seen on the secondary market , 

Regards 

Ronnie

RT9

Aviation Art
Registered
Topic starter
(@merlin)

AT THE DAY’S END.                  

By 

Robert Taylor 

whilst ground crews re-fuel and hastily re-arm their spitfires in readiness for the next combat, the battle weary pilots of 92 Squadron stand easy at Biggin Hill, They May yet be scrambled again, but for the moment they have the chance to reflect on another day of intense fighting,

September 1940 !

I had this triple Remarque commissioned and took the image of the downed Me 109 from Robert Taylor’s classic Summer Victory,

thinking this was a very good example to commemorate the RAF being victorious at the Height of the Battle of Britain,

i have since had this image framed and remounted into my personal colours and would like to see other examples if they are out there ,

699C4EBD 0948 4475 88CF 4F838E25C163
1D6CFAEA DDBC 451D AA15 32F21B4F0190

Aviation Art
Registered
Topic starter
(@merlin)

“SUMMER VICTORY”.                  

By 

Robert Taylor 

The Battle of Britain is over for one Luftwaffe Pilot as victorious Spitfires of 54 Squadron roar overhead, returning to base at RAF Hornchurch , August 1940 

This classic Robert Taylor was first released back in 1989 along with a trilogy to commemorate the Battle of Britain, it is still regarded as a spectacular piece of Aviation Art and this piece alone is a Double Remarque 2/10 and multi signed as well which makes it very unique; I have attached some photos which shows it’s arrival back home still showing the cling film on edges , so apologies for any glare,

The Remarque is a very typical seen during those long summer days and I particularly like the range of signatures to accompany this print from Alan Deere to Tom Dalton Morgan, Bob Foster , Brian Kingcome and many more amazing pilots ‘

if any has more Remarque to share on this print or from the trilogy I would appreciate some photos;

3B08CC34 233F 4B68 B9E0 9221D13958B3
BE991FF9 F663 46FB 835E 51E149656DF6

Page 1 / 4
Share: